Our URAC-accredited utilization management service (include seal -- it is on the Utilization Review product page within our storefront on PropertyAndCasualty.com)
Intracorpcredited utilization management service ensures medical necessity as well as appropriateness, duration and setting of care.
Intracorp's industry-leading utilization management program for inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, maternity and mental health/substance abuse review services applies the appropriate level of management through a patient-centric approach. The service also identifies case management triggers for additional savings opportunities.
Key features include:
- Seamless integration of inpatient and outpatient health care management
- Sophisticated technology
- Proven clinical guidelines
- Flexible buying options closely aligned with benefits plan design
- Focused intervention in those areas with the most impact
- Multiple processing venues -- telephone or Internet.
In 1999, there were 188 bed days occupied per 1,000 and the average length of stay (ALOS) was 3.9 days per admission.